28 mussels, cleaned
1/2 glass oil
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 glass flour
1 glass beer
1 lime juice
4 teaspoons light soy sauce
2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
3 teaspoons coriander, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
– Open the mussels by inserting a knife along the flat side and running it along to the other side. Remove them from their shells.
– To make marinade, mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
– Add the mussels, turn to coat then leave for 1/2 an hour.
– Flour each mussel separately.
– Dip them first into beer, then into the beaten egg.
– Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the mussels, until they are golden brown on both sides.
– Drain well. Let cool before serving.