1 kg mutton, from shoulder or thigh, without fat
3 tomatoes, small size
3 bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, medium size
2 teaspoons salt
1 glass yoghurt
1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon oregano
4 tablespoons butter
6 teaspoons ground red pepper
1 teaspoon mint
1/2 teaspoon thyme
– Cut the meat into 2-3 cm dice.
– Slice the onion lengthwise. Spinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
– Rub and squeeze by hand to extract the juice.
– Put the dice meat into the bowl. Add olive oil, salt and onion juice. Mix well. Leave for 1-2 hours.
– Skewer the meat with pieces of tomatoes and peppers, levaing 1/2 cm between each piece.
– Grill on a barbecue fire for 2-3 minutes each side.
– Put the yoghurt into a bowl and add the mustard, beating constantly.
– Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the ground red pepper, oregano, mint thyme and roast a minute.
– Serve at once with a seperate bowl yoghurt sauce and heated butter.