SERVING : 4
4 large squids, well cleaned, skinned
3/4 glass olive oil
1 tomato, peeled, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon pinenuts, crushed
1 tablespoon currant, crushed
1 and 1/2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon allspice
1/2 tablespoon pepper
– Cover the rice with lukewarm water and let cool. Pour the water out, wash well and drain.
– Put the olive oil in a large saucepan and heat. Add the onions, nuts and salt. Brown them on medium heat, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes.
– Add the drained rice and toast them for 10 minutes.
– Add tomatoes, rest of the salt, pepper, sugar and 1/4 glass of warm water. Mix them well and cover.
– Turn the heat down as soon as it starts boiling. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
– Add the spices and herbs. Cover well with a cloth underneath the lid leave in its own steam for half an hour.
– Mix well with a wooden spoon before using for filling.
– Stuff the squids with the filling. Don’t push much filling. Stitch each stuffed squids.
– Put stuffed squids onto an oven dish or a high-sided skillet.
– Bake for 20 minutes in a medium oven.