SERVING : 4
1 and 1/4 kg duck
250 gr mushrooms (fresh or preserved)
3 soupspoons butter
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 soupspoon flour
1/2 soupspoon salt
2 slices bread, 1/2 cm thick
6 glasses water
20 very small size onions or shallots
20 green olives, pitted
1 soupspoon thyme
2 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves
1/2 soupspoon pepper corns
1 bunch parsley
– Cut the duck into pieces.
– Brown the pieces for 8 to 10 minutes in butter.
– Add the tomato, flour salt, water and the bag of spices. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
– Add the onions and mushrooms, and cook 30 minutes more.
– Pour the contents of the saucepan onto a heated serving platter and keep warm.
– Cut the bread into long, thin strips, the shape of over, sized matches. Fry them in butter.
– Remove the spices bag from the serving platter.
– Garnish with the olives and bread pieces.
– Serve at once.