STUFFED CHICKEN ROAST
SERVING : 4
1 kg chicken
1/2 kg rice
4 soupspoons butter
1 small size onion, finely chopped
1/2 coffee cup pine nuts
2 coffee cups almonds
1 coffee cup pistachio nuts
1/2 coffee spoon saffron
2 soupspoons cream
1/2 coffee spoon allspice
1/2 coffeee cup currants
A pinch thyme
1 soupspoon salt
1/2 coffespoon pepper
1/2 soupspoon sugar
– Wash the rice thoroughly. Wash and drain the currants and pine nuts.
– Brown a soup spoon of butter in a saucepan and add the pine nuts, almonds, pistachios and onion. Stir and lightly brown. Add the cream.
– Remove from heat. Than add salt, currants, pepper and spices.
– In another saucepan melt the rest of the butter and add the rice and saffron. Stir it constatntly for 20-25 minutes on a medium heat.
– Pour the contents of the other saucepan over the rice and mix.
– Fill into the chicken and roll wrap up.
– Put stuffed chicken onto an oven dish or a high-sided skillet.
– Place in the medium oven and cook for 40 minutes.