SERVINGS : 4 Persons
2 Cup Cranberry Or Pinto Beans
6 Cup Water
2 Medium Size Onion
6 Clove Garlic
2 Large Size Carrot
1 Large SizePotato
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
3-4 Sprigs Parsley
2 Teaspoon Salt
8 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Medium Size Lemon
– Soak beans overnight with 2 cups of water.
– Cook with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes; drain. Set aside.
– Saute chopped onion in oil for 2-3 minutes in a large saucepan stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste; mix well. Season with salt and sugar. Stir in beans,
pared and cubed carrots and potato, garlic cut in 2-3 pieces crosswise; mix thoroughly.
– Add 1 cup of hot water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; cool.
– Place in a serving plate. Garnish with parsley.
– Serve cold with lemon wedges.