SERVINGS : 6
2 glasses dry broadbeans
1 large size onion
1/4 glass olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons sugar
1/2 bunch dill
1/2 bunch parsley
1 lemon, sliced
– Soak the dry broadbeans in water overnight.
– Drain and put them in a saucepan. Add the onion, peeled and cut into four pieces, olive oil, salt, sugar and enough water to cover them. Cover and cook on
medium heat until the beans are well tender (20 minutes in pressure cooker).
– Mash them while still hot and make a smooth and not very thick puree.
– Pour it into a flat bowl. Let cool and get hard.
– Turn it upside down onto a serving dish.
– Decorate with dill or parsley leaves.
– Serve with slices of lemon.