SERVINGS : 6
1 glass red lentil
1 glass fine bulgur (boiled and pounded wheat)
1/2 glass oil
1 medium size onion
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 bunch parsley
7 green onions
Cos lettuce leaves
– Wash the lentils and cook them in 3-4 glasses of water. Just before the whole water is absorbed, add the bulgur. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
– Turn heat off and let stand for 20 minutes.
– Brown finely chopped onion in oil. Add the tomato paste and remove from heat.
– Add the browned onions, spices and finely chopped spring onions and parsley to the lentils with bulgur. Mix well. Let cool.
– Take small walnut size pieces of it and squeezing in the palm of your hand shape them irregularly.
– Arrange them on a layer of cos lettuce leaves and serve.