SERVING : 6
500 gr rice
4 and 1/2 glasses chicken stock
4 soupspoons butter
1/2 soupspoon salt
1 and 1/2 coffee cups almonds
1 coffee cup pistachio nuts
1/2 teaspoon saffron
1 coffee cup fresh cream
– To remove the nut skins easily, boil them in a small quantity of water.
– Melt 1 soupspoon butter in a saucepan. Add the almonds and pistachios. Stir and lightly brown.
– Add the fresh cream and stir. Remove from heat.
– After washing the rice in a large quantity of water, melt 3 soupspoons butter in a saucepan and add the rice. Brown the rice for 10 minutes on a medium heat, while stirring constantly with a spoon.
– Boil the broth or water in another saucepan. When the rice has cooked for 10 minutes, pour the boiling liquid over it and add salt and saffron.
– Turn the heat down as low as possible. Cover. Cook until all the water is absorbed, then put a piece of paper under the cover and let stand.
– Pour the nut sauce over the cooked rice and let stand 15 minutes. Stir before serving.