SERVING : 4
2 glasses rice
3 tablespoons butter
3 glasses white veal stock or water
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornflour
2 large onions
2 teaspoons water
6 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon canned black beans
2 small garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– Place the rice in a bowl, cover it with hot salted water. Let stand until it gets cool.
– Wash thoroughly and drain well.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the meat stock or water, the rice, salt and sugar. Mix well, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
– Remove from heat and let stand for another 15 minutes.
– Mix well with a wooden spoon before serving.
– To make sauce; wash black beans in cold water, then strain. Place beans on flat surface, add garlic and sprinkle over sugar. Mash with a fork to blend thoroughly.
– Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large frying pan over medium heat and stir-fry bean mixture for 1 minute, stir in water and soy sauce.
– Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer 2 minutes.
– Meanwhile, mix cornflour with 2 teaspoons water. Stir into bean mixture, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
– Remove from frying pan and keep warm.
– Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and cook about 5 minutes, until soft and golden.
– Return bean mixture and stir-fry until heated through.
– Pour sauce over the cooked rice.