SERVING : 4
2 glasses rice
3 tablespoons butter
3 glasses white veal stock or water
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
125 ml dry white wine
180 gr tomato paste
3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 teaspoon fresh red chilli, finely chopped, seeded
2 cloves garlic
1 medium green pepper, cored, seeded, finely chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
125 ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
A pinch pepper
– Place the rice in a bowl, cover it with hot salted water. Let stand until it gets cool.
– Wash thoroughly and drain well.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the meat stock or water, the rice, salt and sugar. Mix well, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
– Remove from heat and let stand for another 15 minutes.
– Mix well with a wooden spoon before serving.
– To make sauce; in a heavy-based saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, green pepper, garlic and chilli. Saute until the peppers are soft.
– Add salt and pepper and tomatoes. Cook about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
– Add tomato paste, and wine. Simmer, stiring occasionally.
– Pour sauce over the cooked rice.