SERVING : 6
2 glasses rice
3 glasses water
6 tablespoons butter
1 small onion
1 slice dried bread, without crust
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
200 gr minced lamb meat
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
2 medium size tomatoes or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– Wash the rice. Cover with warm water and let cool.
– Wash 3-4 times and drain well.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the rice and brown for 10 minutes. Add water, salt and sugar. Cover and cook on medium heat until the water evaporates.
– Let stand on very low heat.
– Soak the bread in water. Squeeze the excess water out. Crumble and add to the minced meat, together with grated onion, salt and pepper. Knead for 5 minutes.
– Roll in the palms of your hands into tiny balls.
– To make the sauce; melt the margarine in a saucepan. Lightly brown the meatballs. Add peeled and chopped tomatoes or tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes.
– Add 1/3 glass of water. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
– Mix the rice with a wooden spoon. Heap it onto a round serving dish. Make a hollow in the middle. Fill it up with the meatballs.
– Serve at once.