SERVES : 4
2 large pink trout, cleaned
2 zucchini (courgettes)
1 small cucumber
A little oil
1 webb’s lettuce, separated into leaves
3 teaspoons tarragon, freshly chopped
* Season trout with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil. Cook under a preheated grill for 10-15 minutes, until fish flakes when tested, turning once. Allow to cool.
* Using a potato peeler, pare thin slices off the carrots, discarding centres and put into a bowl.
* Cut courgettes diagonally to give large , thin slices. Blanch in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute.
* Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Add to the carrots.
* Using a canelle knife, cut strips of peel from cucumber and discard. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice across.
* To make the dressing, mix ingredients together in a bowl or screw-top jar.
* Pour over salad, toss gently, divide between 4 plates.
* Skin and bone trouts. Cut flesh into neat pieces and arrange on the salad.
* Serve garnished with springs of tarragon and nasturtium flowers.