SERVES : 6
200 gr prawn, cooked, peeled
200 gr salmon steak, cut in half
375 ml dry white wine
250 ml fish stock, strained
3 teablespoons gelatine, powdered
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
Pinch saffron threads
3 tablespoons double (thickened) cream
* Put salmon and scallops into a pan with 155 ml of the wine. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Allow fish to cool in cooking liquid.
* Pour half the stock into a bowl. Sprinkle gelatine over and leave to soften for 2-3 minutes. Stand bowl in a saucepan of hot water, stir until dissolved.
* Add remaining stock and wine, spoon 3 teaspoons into six 125 ml capacity oval moulds. Refrigerate until set.
* Lift cooled fish out of pan, reserving cooking liquid. Cut salmon into small pieces, slice scallops. Layer up the fish, prawns and dill in each nould.
* Pour over a little gelatine mixture as layers build up. Refrigerate until set.
* To make dressing; heat oil in a small pan, cook shallot for 2 minutes.
* Add cooking liquid from fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
* Place saffron threads in a bowl. Pour over the hot fish liquid and leave to cool.
* Turn out jellies onto a serving plate. Strain saffron mixture and whisk in cream. Pour a little arround each jelly.
* Serve garnished with any remaining prawns and dill.