SERVES : 4
250 gr salmon steak, skinned, cubed
250 gr monkfish, skinned, cubed
4 scallops, thawed if frozen
8 raw king prawns
5 cm piece fresh ginger, shredded
2 bulbs lemon grass, peeled, chopped
Spring onion curls
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 teaspoons fresh coriander, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
4 teaspoons light soy sauce
1 lime juice
WILD RICE SALAD
45 gr wild rice
2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, halved
45 gr long grain rice
1 tablespoon light sesame oil
6 coriander seeds, crushed
* Put all seafood onto a plate, scatter ginger and lemon grass over the top.
* Place an upturned saucer in a wok, add 1 cupful of water. Stand plate on saucer. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes until the seafood is cooked. Or use a steamer.
* To make marinade; mix ingredients together in large bowl.
* Add cooked fish with 2 tablespoons of cooking juices. Stir gently, then leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
* To make rice salad, put wild rice and ginger into a saucepan of simmering water and cook for 30 minutes.
* Add long grain rice, cook a furher 20 minutes until tender.
* Drain rice and discard the ginger. Stir in sesame oil and coriander seeds.
* Divide rice between 4 plates, arrange fish on top and spoon over marinade.
* Garnish with spring onion curls.