SERVING : 4
2 glasses rice
2/3 glasses olive oil
3 coffeespoons salt
1 coffeespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh or dried mint
1 coffee cup currants
1 coffee cup pine nuts
1 coffeespoon pepper
– Dice the onions and brown them in the oil. Add the pine nuts. When they become pink in color, add the rice and keep stirring for about 1/2 hour until the rice has become golden brown.
– A little before the rice turns golden brown, add the currants to give them time to expand.
– Add 3 glasses of water (or 2 glasses of water and 1 glass of grated tomatoes). Reduce the heat to minimum , add the sugar, salt, pepper and mint. Leave covered for 12 or 13 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Extinguish the heat.
– Between the cover and saucepan, place 2 plies of absorbendt paper to absorb the water vapoor. Let stand 25 to 30 minutes.
– Place on a serving dish.
– Serve when completely cooled.