SERVING : 4
500 gr or 2 and 1/2 glasses rice
4 soupspoons butter
1 small size onion, finely chopped
1/2 coffee cup pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon allspices
1/2 coffee cup currants
200 gr lamb liver
4 and 1/2 glasses white veal stock or water
1 soupspoon salt
1/2 coffeespoon pepper
– Wash the rice thoroughly.
– Wash and drain the currants and pine nuts.
– Dice the liver.
– Brown a soupspoon of butter in a saucepan and add the pine nuts and onion. Brown until the nuts turn a golden color.
– Add the liver pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the broth, salt, currants and spices.
– In another saucepan melt the rest of the butter and add the rice. Stir it constantly for 20 to 25 minutes on a medium heat.
– Pour the contents of the other saucepan over the rice. Mix and let boil for 2 minutes, then cook on the lowest possible heat for 17 to 18 minutes.
– Remove from heat, put a piece of paper under the cover and let stand 20 minutes.
– Serve at once.