350 gr flour
50 gr flour for rolling
1 egg yolk
1 whole egg
1/2 soupspoon salt
100 gr water
200 gr minced meat
3 medium size onions
A few salt
A few black pepper
6 glasses meat stock
– Make a hallow place in the center of the flour. Put an egg yolk and a whole egg, 1/2 soupspoon salt and 100 gr water into it. Make a dough. Roll it into a ball and cover with a damp cloth. Let stand 1 hour.
– Sprinkle the dough and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough as thin as possible. Cut the dough into 4 cm squares.
– Brown the finely chopped onions and minced meat for 3 minutes. Add salt, black pepper and stir.
– Place a small portion of this mixture, the size of a large hazelnut, in the center of each square dough. Fold each corner to the center, sealing the sides so that the small package will not become undone.
– Some people find it easier to make a single fold triangle shape pasty. Close the sides well.
– Place the pasties in a large, round, buttered cake mold or deep pan and bake for about 25 minutes, until they are brown.
– Pour the stock over the pasties, then either return them to the oven or cook over a low heat, until they have absorbed all the liquid. Place the pasties in a serving dish.