2 glasses flour
6 1/2 soupspoons butter or margarine
1/2 glass water
A few salt
– Sift the flour, keeping back 2 soupspoons. Pour the flour into a large salad bowl and make a hollow place in the center. Put an egg, 1/2 glass water, half spoonful of melted butter and salt into the hollow, and make the dough by mixing and kneading these ingredients.
– Sprinkle the dough with flour and let stand 15 minutes, covered with a damp cloth.
– With a rolling pin roll the dough to a thickness of 2 cm.
– Spread on 3 soupspoons of softened butter. Cut the dough into 3 pieces, placing one on top of the other.
– Roll the 3 pieces. Spread on the remaining butter.
– Cut again into 3 pieces and place one on the other. Knead a few minutes and shape into a ball.
– Divide the dough into a little bigger than the size of a tennis ball and roll out each of these balls to obtain the yufka thin discs of dough approximately 55-60 cm in diameter. Let dry a little before using.