SERVING : 4
1 and 1/2 glasses rice
1/2 glass olive oil
1 glass vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 bunch dill, finely chopped
2 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted
1 tablespoon currants
– Soak rice in hot vwater to which you add salt. Wait until water cools.
– Wash and drain.
– Brown the rice in hot olive oil for 10 minutes.
– Add 3 glasses of water and salt and boil some minutes on high flame.
– Cut eggplants into small pieces as big as nuts. Brown them and add them to the cooking rice until rice absorbes the juice.
– Leave covered for 20 minutes, stir.
– Add fine chopped dill, roasted pine nuts and currants while cooling.
– Serve cold.