SERVING : 6
2 glasses rice
2 and 1/2 glasses chicken stock
3 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons almonds, boiled, peeled
1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, peeled
1/2 glass green peas
1 pinch saffron
2 chicken livers
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
– Wash the rice. Cover with warm water. Let cool.
– Wash 3-4 times. Drain well.
– Melt the margarine. Add the rice and brown for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
– Add almonds, pistachio nuts and chopped liver. Saute for 5 minutes more.
– Add chicken broth, salt, sugar and saffron. Mix well. Cover and cook first on medium heat, then on low heat until the water is absorbed.
– Let simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
– Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes more.
– Mix well with a wooden spoon and serve.