SERVING : 6
2 glasses rice
2 glasses White Veal Stock or water
1 glass grated tomato
3 soupspoons butter
1/2 soupspoon salt
– Wash the rice.
– Cut 2 or 3 tomatoes in half and grate them, the cut face against the grater.
– Bring the water or broth to a boil, add the rice, butter and salt.
– Turn the heat down as low as possible and stir.
– Cover and cook until all the water is absorbed, that is for 17 or 18 minutes.
– Remove the saucepan from the heat, place a piece of white paper (or folded newspaper) under the cover and let stand 20 minutes.
– Boil the liquid and grated tomato together, add the rice, butter and salt. Stir with a spoon and serve.