SERVING : 4
500 gr. dried beans
200 gr. pastirma
3 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 green pepper (suitable for stuffing)
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
5 glasses meat broth
* Soak the beans overnight in cold water, then remove from water and put in a saucepan.
* Add enough water to cover about 1 inch above the surface. Boil for half an hour.
* Drain the beans and leave to cool.
* Slice the onions in crescent shapes, scoop out the seeds of the pepper and slice thinly.
* Melt the margarine over moderate heat, add pastirma and saute for half a minute. Add the onions, cook for 2 minutes while stirring, add the tomato paste, tomatoes, pepper, salt and meat broth. Boil until bubbles rise to lower than moderate until the beans are tender.
* Put on a serving plate and serve.