SERVING : 4
1 kg. chard leaves
250 gr. ground meat
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1 glass meat broth
* Wash the chard leaves, drain them and put into a pan filled with hot water, add some salt and boil gently.
* After the color of the leaves changes,drain and pour fresh cold water over the leaves. Drain once again and leave aside.
* Place the margarine and grated onions into a pan and saute until the color of the onions changes.
* Add the ground meat and continue to saute while stirring. Spread 2 spoons of the onions and margarine over the bottom of the pan, and place some of the chard leaves on top, spread only half of the remaining onions and margarine over the leaves, cover again with the rest of the leaves and spread the remaining half of the onions and margarine over the leaves.
* Sprinkle salt and black pepper, then pour the meat broth over and cook on stove at moderate heat.
* After the chards are cooked and there is almost no water left in the pan, put on a plate and serve.