SERVING : 6
1 kg large size eggplants
50 gr cheese, grated
1 and 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 bunch parsley
1 glass oil
3 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1 and 1/2 glasses milk
2 teaspoons salt
1 lemon juice
– Grill whole eggplants on gas flame until burnt outside and very soft inside.
– Holding from the stem, peel each one lengthwise with a knife. Put them in 4 glasses of water with lemon juice.
– Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the flour and brown for 2 minutes.
– Slowly add warm milk, stirring constantly. Cook for 1-2 minutes and turn the heat off.
– Add grated cheese, salt, chopped parsley and squeezed eggplants. Mix well, mashing with a fork.
– Let stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
– Beat the eggs in a bowl. Heat the oil.
– Take big walnut size pieces of the eggplants paste and roll each one in the palms of your hands to shape them like fingers.
– Dip them first into some flour, then in beaten eggs.
– Fry them until golden brown. Drain well.
– Serve at once.