SERVING : 6
1 kg leeks
1 soup spoon rice
1 and 1/2 glasses water
1/2 coffee spoon salt
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
1 and 1/2 coffee cups olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
– Remove the head and the very dark green section of the leeks. Cut into 5 cm lengths and wash.
– Cut the onion and the carrot into slices.
– Heat the oil in a saucepan and in it cook the onion and carrot for 2 minutes.
– Add the leeks, water, salt, lemon juice and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
– Add the rice and continue to let cook for 12 to 18 minutes.
– Serve when cool.