SERVING : 6
750 gr. okra
3 tablespoons margarine
2 large onions
200 gr. lamb
3 green peppers
1 lemon (juice)
3 glasses water
1 teaspoon salt
FOR THE OKRAS
1/2 glass vinegar
3 tablespoons salt
* Cut the heads off the okra in the shape of a conical hat, put into a pan, add vinegar and salt, mix all together and allow to stand for about half an hour.
* Place the argarine and chopped onions in a pan and saute until the color of the onions changes. Add the meat and continue to saute for 5 more minutes while occasionally stirring.
* Add salt and 1 glass water, cook for 20 minutes.
* Remove from heat, and after the meat has cooled down spread it over the bottom of the pan. Cover it with a layer of thinly sliced tomatoes, and over that, a layer of okra. Repeat this until all of the okra is used.
* Add to that, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 glasses of water and the onion and margarine mixture. Close the lid of the pan and cook first over high and then over moderate heat on the stove for about 40-60 minutes.
* Remove the pan from heat, turn upside down onto a plate so that the okra is now on the plate and ready to serve.