SERVING : 6
12 medium size onions
3 tablespoons margarine
1/2 tablespoon salt
500 gr minced veal
2 tablespoons margarine
2 medium size onions
3/4 cup rice
1 soupspoon dill, chopped
2 medium size tomatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Chop 2 onions and brown them lightly in margarine. Add washed rice and 3/4 glass water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
– Remove from heat. Add the minced meat, dill, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix them well, kneading for about 5 minutes.
– Remove the skins of onions and wash them well. Carve their upper side to make hollow.
– Stuff the onions with the meat filling and put the lids on.
– Arrange them side by side in a saucepan, with the caps upwards. Add 2 and 1/2 glasses of water, 3 tablespoons margarine and salt.
– Cover and cook on medium heat for 35-40 minutes, until they are tender.
– Serve warm.