SERVING : 6
12 medium size firm tomatoes
500 gr minced mutton
2 tablespoons margarine
2 medium size onions
3/4 cup rice
2 medium size tomatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 soupspoon dill, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons margarine
1/2 tablespoon salt
– Chop the onions and brown them lightly in margarine. Add washed rice and 3/4 glass water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
– Remove from heat. Add the minced meat, dill, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix them well, kneading for about 5 minutes.
– Cut the tomatoes around the top and take the lids off. Remove the pulp with the help of a small spoon. (Cut the pulp into small pieces and use them in the meat filling.)
– Stuff the tomatoes with the meat filling and put the lids on.
– Arrange them in a saucepan. Add 1 1/2 glasses of water, margarine and salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for 30-35 minutes, until they are tender.
– Serve warm.