SERVINGS : 6
1 kg lamb, cut in large pieces
2 tablespoons margarine
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 glass green peas
500 gr yoghurt
1 tablespoon flour
2 egg yolks
– Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Brown the meat for 7-8 minutes.
– Add onions cut into lengtwise slices. Brown for 5 minutes more.
– Add salt and 4 glasses of water. When it starts boiling, remove the froth wiyh a skimmer.
– Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
– Add sliced carrots. Cook for 30 minutes more.
– Drain the sauce and reduce it to 2 and 1/2 glasses.
– Arrange the meat, carrots and peas in an oven dish.
– In a small saucepan carefully mix the yoghurt with flour. Slowly add the boiling meat sauce, stirring constantly. Beat in 2 egg yolks. Pour the sauce over the meat.
– Bake in hot oven for 10-15 minutes, until it is golden brown.