QUINCES IN SYRUP WITH CLOTTED CREAM
4 big size quinces
1 and 1/2 glasses sugar
1 glass clotted cream
– Wash and peel the quinces. Cut them into four and remove the cores.
– Arrange the slices side by side in a flat pan sprinkled with 1/2 glass of sugar. Add cloves and 2-3 quince seeds. Spread the remaining sugar over them.
– Cover and cook on very low heat for 2 – 2 and 1/2 hours, until they take a dark reddish colour and get slightly caramelized.
– Let cool.
– Arrange them in a serving dish. Pour the syrup over.
– Put small pieces of clotted cream on each one.