100 gr wild green figs
1 kg sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Skin the green figs using gloves in order to avoid your hands from getting dark.
– Cook them in plenty of water for some time.
– Rinse in cold water. Squeeze each fig gently.
– Boil sugar with about 3 glasses of water to a thick syrup. When ready add figs and cook on medium heat until figs let go water and absorb it again.
– Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, boil for one minute and take off fire.
– Add cloves to give more flavour. (You may add vanilla.)