SERVES : 4
500 gr cooked crab
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
30 gr fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg, hard-boiled
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
* Hold crab firmly, twist off two claws and legs.
* Pull body section from shell, discarding feathery gills, the greyish-white stomach sac behind the head and any green matter.
* Using a teaspoon, scrape into a bowl all brown meat inside shell. Discard inner membrane attached on either side. Press natural dark line on underside of shell to break along the line neatly.
* Discard the broken inner shell. Wash and dry the main shell.
* Snap legs in half by bending backwards at joint. Using a hammer, gently crack all shells.
* Scrape white meat into a second bowl, using a skewer to get into crevices. Discard any bits of shell.
* Crack large claws, remove meat and add to bowl.
* Cut body section in half, pick out white meat from honeycomb structure and add to bowl.
* To dress the crab, mix brown meat with lemon juice, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
* Flake white meat with fork. Spoon brown mixture in a line in centre of shell. Carefully place white meat on either side.
* Separate hard-boiled egg, sieve yolk and chop white. Cover dark meat with egg yolk, sprinkle a line of egg white on either side of this, then a line of parsley.
* Garnish with lemon slices and lettuce.
* Serve with mayonnaise.