SERVES : 4
400 gr squid
300 gr prawns, cooked, unpeeled
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 teaspoons dark soy sauce
3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
Red pepper strips
Green pepper strips
* Peel the prawns, leaving the tail shells intact but discarding the rest of the shells. Set aside prawns.
* Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until soft. Add garlic, tomatoes, soy sauce, ginger, chilli and vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
* To prepare squid; pull off tentacles and remove transparent bone in body.
* Remove any skin, then cut tubes into thin slices. Cut off tentacles just in front of eyes.
* Stir rings of squid, tentacles and prawns into sauce and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes.
* Allow seafood to cool in sauce.
* To serve, divide seafood and sauce between 4 dishes.
* Serve garnished with strips of peppers.