SERVING : 6
6 medium size eggplants
1/2 glass oil
3 medium size onions, chopped
175 gr minced meat
2 tablespoons margarine
3 large size tomatoes, peeled, chopped
6 green peppers
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
– Remove the stems of the eggplants. Peel them leaving lengtwise stripes. On one side, make a deep lenthwise incision with a knife.
– Leave them in salted water for half an hour.
– Chop the onions and brown them in margarine. Add the minced meat and saute for 10 minutes.
– Add peeled and chopped tomatoes and salt. Cook until the juice evaporates.
– Drain the eggplants. Squeeze them by hand to extract excess water and dry them.
– Heat the oil. Fry until lightly brown on all sides.
– Place them side by side in a flat pan and split them. Stuff the splits tightly with minced meat.
– Top each one with a slice of tomato and one whole green pepper.
– Add a little water. Cover and cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes until the eggplants are tender.
– Serve with cooked rice.