SERVING : 6
250 gr vine leaves
2 coffee cups olive oil
1 lemon juice
10 glasses water
1/2 coffeespoon salt
1/2 coffeespoon granulated sugar
250 gr rice, washed
250 gr olive oil
750 gr onions, finely chopped
25 gr pine nuts
25 gr currants
1 level dessertspoon salt
1 level dessertspoon granulated sugar
250 gr boiling water
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch mint
1/2 bunch dill
– Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onions and cook to a golden colour.
– Add the rice and pine nuts. Stir constantly over a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the rice becomes golden in color.
– Add the salt, sugar, currants and mix well. Add the boiling water and mix again. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
– Add the dill, mint, parsley and stir. Place on a large dish and let cool before using.
– Remove the stems and boil the vine leaves for 5 minutes in 10 glassses water and lemon juice. Drain and let cool.
– Put the firmest leaves with the thickest veins on the bottom of a saucepan.
– Place a grape leaf on your left hand, with the large point going past your little finger. With the right hand place a roll of the filling in the middle of the leaf. Fold the 2 side points toward the center and then roll towards the large point of the leaf.
– Place the filled grape leaves in a saucepan. Add a glass of water, the sugar, salt and olive oil.
– Cook for about 1 hour, until all the water has been absorbed.