SERVINGS : 5
750 grams minced mutton, from shoulder, minced twice
4 slices dry bread, without crust
1 large size onion
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cummin
1 teaspoon kцfte spice
2 tablespoons olive oil
– Soak the bread slices in a bowl of water. Take them out and squeeze by hand to extract excess water. Crumble them.
– Add grated onion and spices. Mix well.
– Add the meat, which should be minced twice. Knead until the mixture is smooth.
– Take walnut size pieces and roll each one in the palms of your hands into a ball, then press them into a flat and oval shape.
– Brush with olive oil and broil on barbecue fire for 5-6 minutes (or in a non-stick frying pan, brushed with a few drops of oil.
– Serve with fried green peppers and sliced onions.