SERVING : 6
1 kg leeks
1 medium size carrot
1/2 glass olive oil
2 tablespoons rice
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons sugar
1/2 bunch parsley
1 lemon juice
– Clean the leeks, remove the green ends and cut them into 3-4 cm long pieces. Wash and drain.
– Scrape the carrot and cut it into slices.
– Heat the olive oil. Add the leeks and carrots. Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
– Add washed rice, salt, sugar and 2 glasses of water. Mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes, until the leeks are tender.
– Let cool.
– Put in a serving dish. Decorate with chopped parsley. Serve with slices of lemon.