SERVING : 4
1 kg turkey
2 soupspoons butter
1 green pepper
4 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 kg chestnuts
1 soupspoon thyme
20 very small onions or shallots
1/2 coffeespoon red pepper
2 glasses Mutton Stock
– Peel the chestnuts. To remove the inside skin, first boil them in water for 5 minutes.
– Cook them in a spoonful of butter and a glass of meat stock for 25-30 minutes in a tightly covered saucepan.
– Cut the turkey into pieces. Rub the bottom of a casserole with a clove of garlic. Put the turkey pieces into it. Now add all the ingredients, except the
– Cover tightly. Place in the oven and cook for 1 and 1/2 hours, first at a high heat, then at a low heat.
– Serve with the chestnuts.