SERVING : 6
750 gr pasta
18 glasses water
500 gr tomato, skinned, seeded, chopped
1 soupspoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 dessert spoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 coffeespoon black pepper
– Boil the pasta in salted water for 7-8 minutes.
– Drain, cover with cold water and let stand 15 minutes.
– Put the all ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan. Cook over high heat until boiled.
– Lower heat and cook 25-30 minutes until juice evaporated and become thick.
– Remove from heat and discard spice bag. Pour through a fine strainer and put into a sauce-boat and keep hot.
– Serve hot over freshly-cooked pasta with grated gruyere cheese.