SERVING : 6
750 gr pasta
18 glasses water
2 soupspoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
750 gr tomatoes, skinned, seeded, chopped
2 soupspoons tomato paste
1 and 1/2 dessertspoons salt
1 coffeespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1 soupspoon parsley, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
60 gr kashar cheese, grated
– Boil the pasta in salted water for 7-8 minutes.
– Drain, cover with cold water and let stand 15 minutes.
– In a large saucepan heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly until soft and golden.
– Add tomato, tomato paste, 1/2 dessertspoon salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley, bay leaf and 1 glass water. Stir about 10 minutes.
– Lower heat and cover lid. Cook 40-45 minutes until juice evaporated and become thick.
– Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
– Pour into a sauce-boat and keep hot.
– Serve hot over freshly-cooked pasta with grated kashar cheese.