SERVING : 4
1/2 kg. vine leaves picked in brine
1/2 kg. rice
7 medium onions
1 1/2 glasses olive oil
4 glasses water
2 tablespoons currants
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 bunch dill
1 bunch parsley
salt, black pepper and spices
* Place the vine leaves in boiling water in order to remove their salt.
* Put 1/2 glass olive oil and chopped onions into a pan and saute over moderate heat while stirring with a wooden spoon.
* Add the washed rice and continue to stir. Add water, spice, salt, chopped parsley and dill, black pepper, currants and pine nuts. Pour in 1/2 glass olive oil and cook gently while still stirring.
* Put aside to cool.
* Cut off the stalks of the leaves and place stalks on the buttom of the pan where the cooking will be done, over these put one layer of vine leaves.
* Place 1/2 tablespoon of the filling on each leaf, roll and line up in the pan.
* After all the leaves are stuffed, cover the entire surface with a layer of leaves and pour the water, the remaining olive oil and lemon juice over and cook on moderate heat.
* When the leaves become tender remove from heat, and put on a serving plate after they have cooled down.
* Decorate the plate with lemon slices, serve along with the remaining lemon juice if desired.