SERVING : 6
2 glasses rice
250 gr lean lamb meat, cubed
3 tablespoons butter
50 gr almonds, blanched
2 medium size carrots, small cubes
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
– Cover the rice with salted hot water and let stand until it gets cool.
– Wash well with cool water and drain well.
– Cook the meat in 4-5 glasses of water with some salt, until the stock should be reduced to 3 glasses.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Lightly brown the blanched almonds.
– Add the carrots, scraped and cut up in a small cubes. Add the rice and saute them for about 10 minutes.
– Add the stock. Cover and let simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
– Remove from heat and let stand for another 15 minutes.
– Mix well with a wooden spoon before serving.