200 gr butter
250 gr flour
1 liter milk
400 gr sugar
2 tablespoons almond, sliced
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour. Stir with a spoon over a low heat until the flour becomes golden brown.
– During this time, make a syrup by boiling the sugar in the milk.
– Pour it into the browned flour while it is still boiling hot. Cook the mixture for about 15 minutes on a very low heat.
– Remove from the stove.
– When the helva has cooled off somewhat, it can be shaped by hand into balls the size of a walnut.
– Sliced almonds may be browned with the flour and added to the helva.