SERVINGS : 4
500 gr ground lamb, from shoulder or thigh
4 slices dried bread, without crust
1 large onion, grated
1/2 teaspoon cummin
1 teaspoon meatball spice
500 gr yoghurt
4 slices bread
4 hot green peppers, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 bunch parsley
– Soak the bread slices in a bowl of water. Take them out and squeeze by hand to extract excess water. Crumble them.
– Add grated onion and spices. Mix well. Add the meat, which should be minced twice. Knead until the mixture is smooth.
– Take walnut size pieces and roll each one in the palms of your hands into a ball, then press them into a flat and oval shape.
– Cook peeled tomatoes, cut into small pieces and 1 tablespoon of butter. Keep warm.
– Toast bread, cut into small slices and distribute on the plates. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and pour over breads. Add hot tomato sauce and yoghurt.
– Skewer meatball and grill on coal fire.
– Remove meatball from skewer and place on the dish.
– Serve with sliced hot green pepper and parsley.