1 kg threads kadayif
250 gr butter
1 and 1/4 kg sugar
750 gr water
2 sopspoons lemon juice
3 eggs, beaten
150 gr rice flour
1 grated lemon rind
1 liter milk
– Melt half the butter in a round (35 cm in diameter), buttered cake pan. Cover the bottom of the pan (allowing some of the kadayif to spread over the sides of the pan).
– Place 3 beaten eggs, rice flour and the grated lemon rind in a saucepan. Slowly stir in the cold milk. Bring to a boil on a low heat, stirring constantly.
– Remove from the heat and pour while still hot over the shredded dough. Cover with the remaining kadayif , folding the excess of the lower layer over the top.
– Place in a warm oven until the top becomes golden brown.
– While the kadayif is baking, prepare the syrup by boiling the sugar, water and 2 soupspoons of lemon juice.
– As soon as you remove the kadayif from the oven, pour the boiling syrup over it.
– Let cool.
– Slide it onto a serving dish.