SERVING : 6
5 sheets philo dough (yufka)
100 gr butter
1.250 gr spinach
3 medium size onions, chopped
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
– Cook the cleaned spinach in boiling water. Drain and squeeze in a strainer to remove as much water as possible. Chop it with a knife.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the finely chopped onions and brown for 5 minutes.
– Add the spinach, salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
– Liberally butter a baking dish. Spread a philo dough over the dish, allowing the edges to go beyond the rim of the baking dish.
– In a salad bowl, mix the eggs, yoghurt and milk. With a spoon spread some of this mixture over the philo dough sheet.
– Take a second sheet and divide it in half with your hands and place the two pieces over the dish, on top of the first sheet, pleating it so that it is the same size as the dish.
– Spread on more of the yoghurt preparation.
– Add a third sheet as you did the second. But now do not use the liqued, but rather spread the filling over the dough.
– Place a fourth and fifth dough sheet as explained for the second. When the fifth dough sheet is in place, fold the border of the first dough sheet over the fifth. Generously butter the surface of the last dough sheet.
– Place in a medium heated oven for about 30 minutes until the top turns a pretty golden color.