SERVING : 6
12 medium size firm tomatoes
1 glass water
1/2 soupspoon salt
500 gr lamb or mutton minced meat, without fat
150 gr rice, boiled
45 gr butter
10 medium size onions, finely chopped
2 glasses Mutton Stock
1 soupspoon salt
1/3 coffeespoon granulated sugar
1/3 coffeespoon black pepper
3 soupspoons parsley, finely chopped
2 soupspoons dill, finely chopped
– Cut the tomatoes around the top and save the cut pieces. With a coffeespoon, remove the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes.
– Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes to a golden colour.
– Add the ground meat and brown for a few minutes while mashing it with a fork.
– Add the meat stock and salt, bring to boil. Remove from the heat after 15 minutes.
– Add black pepper, sugar, rice, parsley and dill. Stir well.
– Stuff each tomato with the filling and cover with the tomato top.
– Put them on to an oven dish or a high-sided skillet. Bake the stuffed tomatoes for 15-20 minutes.