SERVING : 4
2 glasses dried beans
1 1/4 glasses olive oil
1 medium celeriac
1 large carrot
1 large onion
5 cloves garlic
1/2 tablespoon sugar
16 glasses of water
1/2 bunch parsley
* Soak the beans overnight in cold water.
* Drain and put into pan containing 12 glasses of boiling water. Lower the heat a little and coook for 30 minutes until the color of the beans changes.
* Remove from the heat and drain. Put olive oil and chopped onions into a pan and saute.
* Scrape the carrot and slice in circles 1/2 inch thick. Add the carrot, the potato cut into small pieces, celeriac, garlic, sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of salt and the beans. Pour 4 glasses of water over, close the lid of the pan and cook over heat little less than moderate until tender.
* Remove from heat, place on a plate after they have cooled down.
* Sprinkle chopped parsley over and serve.