SERVING : 4
6 large cuttlefish, well cleaned, skinned
3 soupspoons breadcrumbs
2 soupspoons parsley, chopped
6 soupspoons cheese, grated
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 glass oil
1 coffeespoon black pepper
1/3 coffeespoon red pepper
4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
2 dessertspoons ketchup
1/4 glass dry white wine
– Chop the arms finely. Put a large bowl.
– Add breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese, 1 chopped garlic, egg, 1 soupspoon oil, red pepper, 1 coffeespoon salt and black pepper. Mix well.
– Stuff the cuttlefishes with the filling. Don’t push much filling. Stitch each stuffed cuttlefish.
– Heat remaining oil in a large friyingpan. Add remining garlics, and roast for 5 minutes stirring continually. Discard garlics.
– Add cuttlefishes and fry turning all sides until turn pinky.
– Add tomatoes, ketchup, wine and remining salt. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
– Transfer cooked cuttlefishes with slotted spoon into a large bowl. Take out the stiches and cut slices.
– Arrange into serving dishes. Pour over the cooking sauce and serve warm.